Foraging for Flavours: A Wild Plant Walk to Discover Local Food & Medicine
with Denis Manzer & Malcolm Saunders
Saturday, July 23rd
Saturday, July 30th
10:00am - 1:00pm
West Bragg Creek
Get ready for a field day foraging for flavours in the fields & forest!
This is an opportunity for a guided exploration of the edible and medicinal wild plants that grow abundantly in the foothills.
Not only we will be foraging but you will taste and discover all kinds of recipes and methods of preparations to process your harvest into delicious and ready-to-use creations.
During our afternoon together you will learn about:
- The identification of the plant species that provide delicious edible & medicinal flavours
- Sustainable harvesting techniques to guarantee the survival of the plant species
- In-Depth information related to the nutritional & healing properties of the plants
- Insight into how each plant can be prepared, stored and used.
- Wild food recipes.
- Plus an abundance of samples of a variety of wild food preparations you will be able to taste and learn how easy they are to make!
Group size is limited for the intimacy of learning.
We will be going to a location where you can also pick and harvest your own plants during the walk.
Once you are registered you will receive an email close to class date with all details as to where we will meet and what to bring.
Choose the date you would like to attend: Saturday, July 23rd or Saturday, July 30th
We're looking forward to exploring and learning with you!
Register now to secure your spot.