not all chocolate is created equal…
Chocolate is one of the most well-loved yet misunderstood foods. From sinful candy bars, to antioxidant-rich health food - not all chocolate is created equal…
Where does the difference lie?
If you are to truly allow yourself to enjoy and nourish yourself with chocolate, you will want to know.
In this fun and delicious class you will unite with other chocolate lovers and journey into an exploration of the chocolate industry to will walk away with an enriched perspective of cacao and the spectrum of what it takes to go from bean to bar including the 6 factors that influence the quality and flavour of chocolate.
Plus you’ll discover simple guides you can use to develop your palate and appreciation of fine chocolate so you can enjoy chocolate more deeply.
During this experiential session, you will be tasting many different varieties of high quality craft chocolate.
And no tasting would be complete without an understanding of chocolate and how it is made because these are all big factors influencing the flavour and quality.
You will learn:
- Where chocolate comes from, revealing the mystery of how chocolate is made all the way from seed to bar
- The difference between fine flavour cacao and bulk commodity cacao - and why this matters
- How the genetics, growing, fermenting and processing of cacao all factor into quality and ultimately your experience of chocolate
- How to taste chocolate like you would wine, developing your palate to pick up on the finer nuances of flavour
- To discern the quality of chocolate and to choose chocolate that is good for you, communities and the Planet.
This a great class for anyone new or experienced – all you need is to come with a love for chocolate!