Foraging for Flavours: A Wild Food & Plant Medicine Expedition
with Denis Manzer & Malcolm Saunders
Saturday, July 17th
10:00am - 1:00pm
West Bragg Creek
Get ready for a field-day of foraging for flavours in the fields & forest!
This is an opportunity for a guided exploration of the edible and medicinal native wild plants that grow abundantly in the foothills.
During our afternoon together you will learn about:
- The identification of the plant species that provide delicious edible & medicinal flavours
- Sustainable harvesting techniques to guarantee the survival of the plant species
- In-Depth information related to the nutritional & healing properties of the plants
- Insight into how each plant can be prepared, stored and used.
- Plus an abundance of samples of a variety of wild food preparations you will be able to taste and learn how easy they are to make!
Group size is limited for an intimacy of learning.
We will be going to a location where you can also pick during the walk.
Once you are registered you will receive an email close to class date with all details as to where we will meet and what to bring.
We're looking forward to exploring and learning with you!
Register now to secure your spot.