Organs, Bones & Fat: Traditional Skills For A Nourishing Diet
With Takota Coen
Saturday March 14th, 11:00am - 4:00pm
Nutrient-dense organs, bones, and animal fats were the foundation foods of your ancestors, not to mention every healthy traditional culture that has ever existed. Their absence from our modern diet, and the imitation foods that replaced them, is one of the leading factors in the chronic disease pandemic that is now responsible for 60% of deaths globally.
Join ex-vegan, regenerative farmer and Weston A. Price Foundation Edmonton Chapter Leader Takota Coen to learn simple, delicious, affordable, and ethical ways you can start nourishing you and your family with these nose to tail superfoods.
Workshop highlights will include:
- How to cook with liver, kidney, heart and other organs so even your kids will love it
- How to make your own gelatinous chicken, beef, pork and fish broth to add to soups, gravies, and sauces
- How to render, cook and bake with lard, tallow, poultry and fowl fat
- The history of why these 3 superfoods fell from grace and the science behind their resurgence
- 11 diet principles based on Dr. Weston A. Prices observations of traditional diet patterns from around the world
- Tasting samples of Takota’s favourite dishes that include a variety of organs, bone broths, and animal fats (this is a full meal so don’t bring food!)
Registration includes a goodie bag of organs, bones & fat valued at $25 and a recipe book so you can put what you learned into practice in your own kitchen