YYC Hot Chocolate Fest is a city wide hot chocolate contest that takes place in Calgary and surrounding areas every year for the whole month of February. All participating cafes, restaurants, bars etc. participate by crafting a unique hot chocolate for the month. $1 of every hot chocolate purchase goes to a non-profit organization called Calgary Meals on Wheels that helps deliver meals to those in need!
Here at Light Cellar, each year we've had the thrill of crafting a variety of different superfood infused hot chocolates! Some have become so popular that we've added them to our drink menu at our Elixir Bar in store!
If you wanted to try making our hot chocolate recipes in the comfort of your own home, check out this recipe EBOOK!
🥇Did you know that the first year we entered we took home first place with our Rosey Heart On dark hot chocolate?
🥈Our White Matcha Kiss Hot Chocolate took second place the second year
🏆Our third year our Black Gold white orange curcumin hot chocolate won the honorary award for the highest amount donations to Calgary Meals on Wheels
Which hot chocolate recipes will you be getting?
All of them!
- 1st year - Heart On Rosey Hot Chocolate
- 2nd year - White Hot Chocolate Matcha Vanilla Kiss
- 3rd year - Black Gold Orange Curcumin White Hot Chocolate
- 4th year - Choose your own Mayan adventure with 3 choices (Jungle Mint white hot chocolate, White Gold Turmeric Chai white hot chocolate, Spicy Cayenne Mayan dark hot chocolate)
- 5th year - Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 6th year - Dark Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
- 7th year - Into The Woods Balsam Fir and Spruce dark hot chocolate
- 8th year - Get Yolk'd Buttery Brownie Hot Chocolate
- BONUS: Lovestruck Aphrodisiac Hot Chocolate
Almost all the ingredients in our recipes can be purchased from our website!